Sunday, June 27, 2010

February/March 2010

The beginning of February we blessed Finn and a ton of my family and friends were able to make it into town. It felt so special to know how many people besides myself and Ryan love this little guy so much. During the blessing my brother Niels said Finn was wide awake and just staring at everyone holding him. Probably making a mental note of who to thank later. 4 Generations Our new and happy little family! All my family that was able to make it. (If you can believe it, there's more!) Dave and Lizzy, Finn can't wait to meet you in just a couple of weeks! We had so many friends go out of their way to be there. It meant a lot to us. Pictured: Lauren, myself, Paige, & Megan The Dawn and Dave Terry family put on an AMAZING lunch for everyone that came. Leave it to them to plan a party. They are the best. Seriously, they had the most darling centerpieces ever, not to mention all the delicious food. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Pictured: Brooke, Caden, Hailey, & Jacob. HUD buddies! Pictured: Ryan, Jeff, & Devyn The end of February Finn was already 2 months old and losing all his hair! We try and do an amateur mini photo shoot each month. We were so excited he finally fit into his red vans they had to be a part of it. When we first found out we were having a boy, the first thing we went and did was shop for some amazing baby boy things with Ryan's mom. Our first purchase was these little red vans. AMAZING. The middle of February I went back to work just 2 days a week. Dawn watches him one day and Ryan watches him the other. It was so hard to leave him that first day. I was teary all day long. March came too quickly. Mid March we took off to Hawaii with the Terry family for our Christmas surprise trip. My post pregnancy body definitely wasn't swimsuit ready but we had such a fun time anyway! Finn slept the entire flight there and back. The waves on the beach lulled him to sleep. It was the perfect time to go. Ryan and I finally got to go scuba diving together! It was such a fun experience. I have to admit the first dive I had a little anxiety since it had been 4 years since I had done any diving at all, but the second dive I completely enjoyed myself. We saw young sea turtles, the most giant mana ray ever who was so curious he just hung out right by us, and lots of other cool things. For my birthday dinner we went to Kimo's. I recommend the O Pacu Pacu. They had the BEST Hula Pie. That was my first experience and it didn't let me down. We sat on the top floor looking over the ocean at sunset. Best dinner ever. Here's the view. "Unconditional Lava Flows" We also did the road to Hannah. Everyone said it isn't a good idea to take a baby but he slept the entire time. I was reluctant to go but SO glad I did. We saw the black sandy beaches and had delicious banana bread made by the nicest hippy lady. I would love to do that again on a vespa with towels. We forgot our towels so we didn't get in any of the waterfalls on the way up.

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

We can't wait to meet Finn too--I'm glad it's coming soon! Thank you for posting pictures-it makes it a little easier being so far away. You look beautiful as always!