Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Beginning

So, where do I start? I know I have been needing to start this thing for a very long time. I guess I will go back to the beginning of my life with Ryan. We got married 11.18.2006 in the Mesa, AZ LDS Temple. (Sorry for the picture of a picture) We lived in my parents cassita for almost our entire first year of marriage. We were spoiled popping homemade popcorn with m&m's and hanging out on their giant couch watching movies or suns games whenever. I worked at Tia Rosa's and Ryan sprayed and sold pest control. He was in school at ASU in their Housing and Community Development program and I was finishing up at the American Institute of Interior Design. We had so much fun. If you know my husband well at all, you know that he loves pirates. He secretly wishes he was one, and sometimes I think he thinks he really is one. So, it was only appropriate when his 23rd birthday came around back in 2007, we threw him a pirate birthday party. All his buddies from selling pest control came, I made goody brown bags with IBC rootbeers in them and treats and we took them to the midnight showing of Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Oh the good old days. It was a bitter sweet day in October 2007 when we moved out of that lovely little cassita and into our new home in Gilbert. Sorry, the only pictures I have of it are at Christmas time ha ha. We are Christmas fanatics if you didn't already know. I dyed my hair red that Christmas. (Not for Christmas) I remember walking in Ryan's parents house, Ryan was across the house and had to do a double take at me because he almost didn't recognize me. It was more of a purple at first, but faded nicely. I am always tempted to try it again. Instead of hurrying home from Aspen Grove that Christmas to get back to work, I did the responsible thing and called my boss and asked for some extra time off so we could go to Disneyland for New Years with my big brother Dave and his buddy Cameron and his wife. Best New Years celebration, ever. 2008 brought us many good things. I got a much better Job, I turned 21 so I was a little more willing to give my age when people asked, we got a first nephew for the Terry side, Grey, and though Ryan miserably sold pest control even though I begged him not to that summer, we got 2 new great friends. Mitch and Glo. Glo went with me to audition for american idol. Yes, I auditioned for American Idol. Don't worry though, I got cut right away. It was such a randomly fun experience. I wish I had pictures. We also had a few token trips to the lake to keep us sane. We escaped AZ for a short while that summer and visited the beautiful city of Bountiful and the Swartwoods for the 4th of July. One of the best 4th of July's I can remember. One reason, we got one of the biggest packages of fire works known to man. August of 2008 was very memorable because it was my first experience on a houseboat at lake powell with the Swartwood and Bollard families. Don't you love the orange shirts? I love el lago de powell. With the economy not being so great for the developing world in AZ, Ryan was thinking of other options for his career. He was up to graduate in May the coming year. We thought it would be fun to research starting a self-serve frozen yogurt business that September. We went to a seminar on it in California and since we were down there took another trip to the happiest place on earth. We were going to name our frozen yogurt place Kiwi's. We had it all figured out, but we just didn't feel good about it. (Plus each machine was around 10 grand) Probably for the better, I would have broken records on the amount of frozen yogurt consumed. Before During After Halloween 2008. You may not know that Halloween and Christmas are pretty much a tie for me. I love it so much it hurts sometimes. My costume was going to be a rendition of Martha Stewarts Jellyfish, but my clear umbrella didn't get here in time. Ryan made a Wally costume and we went to a party with our friends Devyn and Celeste. I was really impressed with everyone's creativity. I felt like such a sell out ha ha. If you didn't know already, our honeymoon was a hilarious catastrophe. We thought we would be smart and not do Hawaii, and instead do a cruise of the Caribbean. (We definitely are not as smart as we thought we were) We got a super good deal on a Carnival 5 day cruise since it was right over Thanksgiving. It stormed the ENTIRE time. One night it was storming so terribly, I woke up at 3am in a panic thinking our ship was sinking because we were rocking and there was lighting. We got scuba certified but didn't get to go at all since it was too stormy. Anyway, the point is we opted for a redo. We went to San Fran in December 2009. It was the best idea we have ever had. We stayed at the Hotel Palomar which we loved. Since we booked it so far in advance, they upgraded our room to a room with a Jacuzzi. AMAZING. The weather was also perfect. We had an indian summer weekend in December. I'm dying to go back. We would start our days at a doughnut shop, skip lunch, do an early dinner, and end the night at Ghiradelli Square. Life couldn't get much better. We did Alcatraz, Biked across the Golden Gate Bridge, Hiked Lombard street, Found the Goorin Brothers hat shop, walked the wharf several times, saw the aquarium, and fit a smidge of shopping in. I recommend the book "Eat.Shop.San Francisco" so sad this came out blurry I will return to that store someday when i have a little girl. I think I have put enough on my first post! I will do 2009 and current soon.

4 comments:

Dan Colton said...

Congratulations on joining the blogosphere! We're excited to keep up with you guys.

Megan said...

yay! I am so happy you have a blog :)

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glo said...

Loving the blog! I have American Idol pics! still on my camera, haha. I will send them to you!