Friday, June 25, 2010

January 2010

Timing couldn't have been better. We got our tax break, we got him after Christmas, my mom and little sister came all the way from Germany and were there within 24 hours of him being born, and we got home in time to celebrate New Years Eve at home. My mom stayed at my house that first week we were home. It was a HUGE blessing. I couldn't have hired help as good as she was. I came down my first morning home, she had breakfast out on the table, was organizing my kitchen, and had Finn asleep in his green chair, and was making a list of groceries to go and pick up at the store. Thanks again mom. Ryan had a work conference he had to go to in Florida like 3 days after we got home. It was rough but we sent him lots of pictures. We spent a lot of time over with Trevor and Brooke and their 3 kids. We made Lebanese Fatires for New Years, those are pretty much heaven in an edible bundle. A handsome and happy new dad. Right when we walked in the door from the hospital. It's amazing how you don't get sick of staring at them. I could do it all day every day. Just over 2 weeks after we got home from the hospital, my mom and I headed to Vegas to visit my grandma haycock. I probably wouldn't have traveled so soon but I knew I wouldn't get up to Vegas anytime soon after my mom left. It was awesome. We stayed with Niels and Suz for a couple of days before staying with my Grandma. Niels and Finn bonded instantaneously. Finn couldn't stop staring at him. It was really cute to see my Grandpa love Finn so much. He swore he'd never seen such a beautiful baby boy and I know my grandma loved having us around as well. When we told my Grandpa (Clair Leroy) that we had given Finn his middle name after him he replied, "He's gonna hate you for that". We laughed. Staring contest. I took these on his one month birthday. It's amazing how big he got in just one month. He fell asleep right after I shot that one. He had the sleepy look written all over his face.

No comments: