Friday, July 9, 2010

June

finn & cousin ty One Saturday I was sitting at work and I got a text message with a picture of this: From my sweet husband. I had been nervous to take Finn to the lake at all but how could I say no to that? We took him to the lake and he loved it. He loved the water he loved the boat. I still was nervous but we had a great time. It was great to see Ryan in his ultimate element as a dad at the lake. The beginning of June is Ryan's birthday. I threw him a joint surprise birthday party with our friends Ben and Sherri. After the weekend we ended up jumping in the car with some of his family and driving to Palm Springs. It was just as hot as Phoenix but we still had a good time. We swam, ate good food, enjoyed staying at a resort, and loved the road trip. We passed most of the time driving listening to the Glee soundtrack. It's a must have. For Fathers Day we were lucky enough to have my dad come and visit us. He came all the way from Rigby, ID and he and Finn bonded instantly. He was so cute with him. We had dinner at Joe's Farm grill and had a great weekend together. It was Ryans first Fathers day so I made them both breakfast before our 8am church! We spent the day at Trevor and Brooke's and it was just great to be with family. Here are some photo's. The end of June I took off to SLC just Finn and me. The plane trip was a small nightmare. The girl sitting next to me was motion sick and dry heaving into the bag next to me, Finn was not in his finest hour either. I made it though. We met up with my mom in the airport who had flown from Germany. It was so cute to see the two of them reunited. Finn isn't instantaneously friendly to strangers, so he must have remembered my mom because he instantly started smiling at her. We went to dinner and met up with my good friend JP (Jen Chatwin). It was so good to see her! The next day we drove up to Idaho. We had lunch with my dad, grandma, and lots of cousins and aunts. That night my little seeester was singing with a friend at BYU, ID so we had to go! She was flawless. She is such a little rockstar. She always has had a fantastic stage presence and has loved belting it out since I can remember. Way to go lizardo! We went up to Driggs the next day and played with Grandma Haycock and all my cousins. We did a hike at the base of tablerock. Finn and I LOVED being outdoors. He did so good in the bjorn! I love that thing. We missed Ryan a lot but it was so nice to be out of the heat. I forgot what it feels like to be chilly. On our way back Ryan had gone with his family last minute to Bountiful, UT to visit the Swartwood's for the 4th so I stayed the night with them. Ryan and I jumped on their Vespa and drove down the hills of Bountiful at sunset. It was the most romantic thing we have done in a long time. I used to be anti vespa's but I quickly warmed up to them.

No comments: