Sunday, August 8, 2010

July

After our trip to Idaho we came home for just enough time to unpack do laundry and repack for our next 3 week trip. Thanks again to my mom and dave for putting up with Finn and me. It was so nice to get out of the heat! My mom and I took off to Coto de Caza, CA which is just a little inland of Laguna. We spent a couple of days just hanging out and went to the beach. Finn is so stinking cute. We then headed up to LA and picked up Dave from LAX. We were there for my sister in laws graduation. She graduatead from USC's IBEAR program. We were so proud. While there we went to Shutters on the beach and had Lemon Ricotta pancakes. DELISH. We also saw Juliette Binoche from Dan in real life eating lemon ricotta pancakes. She is even more gorgeous in real life. Finn is a USC fan already. From there we drove to the fabulous Las Vegas. We stayed with my grandma and got to see Niels and Suz and lots of other fam and friends. It is always a fun little trip. I miss the good people of Green Valley! Even though I really have no desire to move back to Vegas, I still wish we could all somehow just live by each other. After a few days in Vegas we headed up to Park City. My sweet step sister Jenna helped me get Finn on a schedule and sleeping through the night. Finn and I became new people. He was a happy baby before but now he is happy and so easy. I have so much more energy its unbelievable. I will forever be in debt to you Jenna! We went on hikes and just enjoyed the fresh air and beautiful mountains. Her kids are so good with Finn it was fun for everyone. We had a family reunion at the Aspen Grove family camp up above Sundance. It was a blast. We hiked, played tennis, badminton, table tennis, did the ropes course, paintballed, swam, took a water color class, and much more. Finn loved going to his play group on occasion which was nice for Ryan and I to do some fun things together. I added up all the hours of driving, combined it came to 34 hours over 3 weeks of travel time. Finn did so amazingly good! We were glad to make it home despite the heat though. We were both definitely done with the car for a while. Escaping the heat actually has made me kind of enjoy it. Since I wasn't trapped in it this summer I haven't minded it as much.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

So fun to be there with you guys, and glad we finally got to meet Finn! :) Miss you guys!

The Webbs said...

Looks like such a fun summer! And it hasn't even ended for you guys yet!! SO fun!

Erin said...

Sarah! I didn't know you had a blog! I am so excited! So good to see pictures of your cute family. I can't believe how big Finn is. . .I need to meet this guy!

Dave and Julie said...

Loved this post...such fun memories! Love you, love finners!